On Wednesday 08 Jan 2003 11:58 pm, you wrote:
> > This has gone far enough.  Spitting insults at each other will change
> > nothing.
> >
> > Anne
>

> Now I am wondering if you sent this message out to the others who
> initiated, and participated in  this exchange, or to me alone ?

Having read this, I checked back.  It would appear that I sent it to you,
although it was intended for the list.  As has often been pointed out,
setting a reply-to line frequently has this effect.  I'm sorry that I have
added to the confusion by not noticing that you had this set.

> I did not join a linux newbie list to be continually insulted at any and
> every opportunity. I did not appreciate the tone of the thread, or the
> messages. I think I made my points well, with minimal insults. I could have
> been much harsher rather easily, and certainly a lot quicker.
> I am still angry, and upset about this situation, and am considering moving
> on. That might be best for all parties.

I would like to say two things, then I will not say any more on this subject,
no matter how great the provocation.

First, you are making a big mistake in reading attitudes.  It has been pointed
out more than once that not liking a country's politics and not liking the
people of that country are not at all the same thing.  Many of don't even
like the politics of our own country, at least in some respects.  I llike and
respect individuals, though often have to make exceptions of politicians.
'nuff said.

Second, do not let your upset over this make you do anything that is not right
for you - we call it 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.  If Mandrake
is right for you, continue here.  Let the subject drop as something on which
you will never get complete agreement, and concentrate on happier things.

I hope I have made my position clear.  I did not intend an attack on you, and
am sorry that my mistake made you think I did.  I do not want to get involved
in this subject.  My only post, other than this, was to try to defuse the
situation by pointing out that serendipity sometimes overcomes all.  It seems
that this did not succeed either, so I'm firmly avoiding the subject.

Anne