I have a small problem where a power outage has corrupted the user database
for mysql, now no users can authenticate/manipulate any databases hosted by
the MySQL Engine... This is rather annoying since I am no longer able to
administer the databases, and I appear to be unable to modify, or create
users all together.
The engine is running, and the availability of data is still there, but in a
read only manner. I can pull data out, but unless I can authenticate, I cant
enter any in! How can I fix this? Almost all of the admin tools I have found
will not work without logging in.
If there is no other solution, is it possible to import the existing
database I have (used for inventory purposes) into a fresh mysql install? I
cant export anything, and the database files are basically flat files at
this point... A good web resource would also be appreciated!
any help would be appreciated.