Troops,

I'm feeling pretty  hot tonight.  I successfully downloaded the mandrake  6.1.iso,
burned it to a cd and installed it as an upgrade to my linux side of the
house.  As far as I can tell the install went perfectly.  I've been following
some of the posts and all I can say is that the iso I copied had the latest
Xfree (3.3.5 I believe).  One unusual thing happened.  When I told it to
upgrade my icons it double posted quite a few of them.   By the way this way my
first attempt at burning a data file.

Now to my sin.  I copied the file and burned it using windows.  I've been
tempted by the dark side and succumbed. Will using a linux cd created
from the dark side of the force taint my linux box?  If so,  how do I drive
the curse from my system.

I noticed that the new version installed cd-roast as one of the new files. I
think my problem wirh getting my cd burner going in linux is that I'm not
emulating a scuzzy drive.  After the dust settles a bit I make seek a blow by
blow on how to configure my linux system to burn a cd.

Rick "mulerider" Murphy

--
"I don't want to swim in a roped off sea," JB