On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 19:00, - netmaniac - wrote:
> I'm currently using two machines: one with apache and the other with
> windows, because I still like the photoshop, dreamweaver and other web
> design tools. But don't like to switch between computers every time I want
> to make a change on the server.
>
> So, is there some way in windows I could emulate a linux terminal that would
> execute commands on the linux server? (pretty confusing isn't it?)
>
> netmaniac

Why not just use VNC so that you have an Xwindows desktop "in a window"?
You can get VNC for Windows for free (free license, free software, etc)
- or if you just want to run a terminal there, you can use telnet - just
click start, run, then telnet....OR, even better, you can use "putty" -
which is another free download (don't have the URL right off the bat) -
but putty allows for ssh/ssl connection - either which.

I prefer using VNC so that I have a desktop w/ a GUI - but to each his
own...

--
Sat Jan 11 19:15:00 EST 2003
  7:15pm  up 21:26,  4 users,  load average: 0.45, 0.32, 0.31

Gilbert's Discovery:
        Any attempt to use the new super glues results in the two pieces
        sticking to your thumb and index finger rather than to each other.