Is anyone aware of any problems with 9.0 configuring an SIS 305 video
card?  My problems started on install.  I noticed that the card was
detected as sis 300 and there was no 305 listed, even though it is
listed as supported. When the X configuration was tested, the system
froze.I messed around with different settings but it froze each time.  I
finally reinstalled and switched to expert mode and just skipped the
test.  X started this time and the screen looks OK but when I scroll in
a browser or move a window around there is a very wavy,
headache-inducing effect. The video card is detected in harddrake as SIS
300. It also appears in XF86Config as SIS 300.
Speaking of XF86Config, another thing that seems odd to me is that even
though I have XFree86-4.2.1-3mdk, there is almost nothing in
XF86Config-4.  The only thing there is this:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons"
    Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "layout1"
    InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
EndSection

All the other stuff, including the stuff about the monitor, is in the
old  XF86Config file.  Is this a misconfiguration?

When I open up the Control Center the SIS card does not appear in the
"graphics card" tab--it says "Custom"-- and the resolution tab is grayed
out.  If I set the card to Sis 300 and the resolution to 1024X768-- the
resolution chosen at install--and save the changes, X will not start on
reboot.

BTW, this this same system worked without any problems with 8.2.

If anyone has been able to plow through this rambling post and might
know what the problem could be, I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks much,
SW