On Saturday January 11 2003 09:55 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 11 Jan 2003 3:31 pm, Tom Brinkman wrote:

> >     At least since 9.0, and with ReiserFS.  I believe you'd see
> > it with any journaling filesystem, except posibly ext3.
>
> It works in ext 3 on 9.0
>
> Anne

   Main reason I included the 'maybe not ext3?' disclaimer is I have
two huge drives, mostly Reiser, but a few ext3 partitions.  I didn't
pay much attention, but I believe, in a rare need to hard reset, I
did see the typical described 'automatic' (quick, 2 or 3 seconds)
recovery for Reiser. The few ext3 parts took much longer runnin
ext*fs recovery (fsck). IE, two separate processes, a real journaling
FS real quick and simple ... ext*, slow and worrisome.  Plus the ext3
recovery made a sh!+load of "lost and found" directories all over the
few ext3 parts I now have. Reminded me of M$ B$.

   That an a few other things have convinced me to go all Reiser next
time I revamp the system .... won't be long ;) IMO ext2 or 3 sux,
specially with 9.0 or 9.1.

   Y'allsMMV ;)