I think OO actually uses myspell.  Installing myspell-en will take care of it if you
use English.  You will also need to check the settings as Anne pointed out after
installing.  Finally, you might want to also install OpenOffice.org-help, which are
the help files for OpenOffice.org.

If you aren't sure how to install files, the easiest way would be to click on the
Install Software menu under KMenu==>Configuration==>Packaging.  Then select "all
packages alphabetical" and scroll through the list till you get to myspell and click
on your language and scroll to you get to the OpenOffice.org-help and click on your
language and finally click the install button.

Joeb