Hi everyone,

I've 2 problems with my samba.

1. When I look at the share from my Windows all the none US chars are
showed wired or sometimes not even showed at all.

2. I would like my user to have write permissions (when I log in from
the Windows PC) at the share but somehow I get denied.

My smb.conf look like this:

[global]
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
        load printers = yes
        encrypt passwords = yes
        dns proxy = no
        printing = cups
        server string = Samba Server %v
        printcap name = lpstat
        security = user
        preferred master = no
        max log size = 50

[ftp]
        browseable = yes
        writable = yes
        path = /home/ftp
        comment = FTP
        public = yes
        user = @swoop
        write list = swoop

As seen above it's the ftp dir I would like to have write permissions.

What have I missed? If I turn to the 'man smb.conf' it should be enough
with 'writeable = yes' or 'write list = username', but somehow it isn't.

Best regards
Allan Andersen