On Thursday 16 Jan 2003 1:54 am, Dennis Myers wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 January 2003 05:15 pm, RichardA wrote:

> > > Logrotate won't get run and the log files will just keep growing.
> > > --
> > > Michael
> >
> > # service -s | grep anacron
> > # anacron is running...
> >
> > Well I'm ok on 8.2, but if someone installs 9.0:
> >
> > - where space is tight
> > - on one partition
> > - only boots during the day
> >
> > it's guaranteed one day not to boot?
> >
> > Richard
>
> Somebody correct me if I'm all wet, but I understood that the logrotate
> would run at the next bootup if it was shut down during it's scheduled
> time. How do we findout?

Cron assumes the computer is powered on all the time. It does not check for
jobs which have not been run. There is another app called anacron to check up
on jobs cron has missed.

urpmi anacron

Anacron was installed by default in 8.2 but was taken out in 9.0 because
people whined about their hard drive going crazy 5 minutes after they powered
on their computer.

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net