On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 22:30, Robert Golovniov wrote:
> Hello list,
>
>   When I try to run some applications with WineX, the system says I am
>   lacking some dll files. Well, I do have, but it seems I have to
>   register them somehow. Any ideas on how to do it?

One of the most important things to make sure is setup is the lib paths
- they can be found in the /etc/ld.so.conf file - which you will
probably want to edit.

I always make sure that the ld.so.conf has:

/usr/lib
/usr/local/lib

in there, as well as other directories under both my /usr/lib and
/usr/local/lib - so that any library dependencies will be found by the
installed applications.

Without knowing what the directory structure of WineX is, I would assume
that it's libraries are falling under the /usr/lib directory - hence, I
would add:

/usr/lib/wine

to the /etc/ld.so.conf file, then run "ldconfig" to rebuild the library
path cache.

Once that is done, you might want to give it a go again and see if all
is working properly at that point.

Cheers!

--
Thu Jan 16 22:50:01 EST 2003
 10:50pm  up  8:33,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.02

NEVER swerve to hit a lawyer riding a bicycle -- it might be your bicycle.