> btw, i'm looking for actual comparisions about what are the features that
> you like about it, not just flat out oppinions that mandrake rocks.  i
> hope that this isn't too off topic.

Well, first of all, Mandrake 7.1 was my first Linux download.
Besides that, i had three other discs (obtained from magazines
and comdex etc. ) Debian, TurboLinux Workstation,
and Slackware.

Guess which one was the only that configured my video card
correctly? That's right. Mandrake did.

Then i was able to give Linux a first try. I had a winmodem at
that time, so i was unable to use the net from Linux.. So in
the end, there was no much i could do with it, and my experience
with Mandrake 7 was no more that a breef game.

After some time, i got an ADSL connection. Mdk 8.0 was already
available. I downloaded it (my internet connection worked this time)
and i liked it. From that moment on, i never even attempted
to try anything else. Mandrake does what i want it to. It evolves
quickly (each new version feels nicer and faster than the previous
one) it has it's famous control center from which i can set up
nearly everything (and the best part of this, is that after
the installation, i *don't need* to configure anything except
for some services i might want to disable), and a lot of
packages are available for it.

To summarize, Mandrake was the only distro that was friendly
enough for me to start fiddling with it, and once i did, i was hooked.

Ah, and last but not least, as time went by and i learned more
about mandrakesoft, these lists, and the people in it, i developed
warm feelings for the whole thing... I just feel good in here.

Damian