Hello,

I am new to this list and forward a problem that I hope is well-known.

I made a fresh install of Mandrake Linux 9.0 on my PC and found out that the
package mplayer was not installed. So I used the software installer that
showed the package and some others that were needed. I ticked the entries
and then the pushed the install button.
To my surprise something like the following came as an answer:

"everything already installed (was this supposed to happen?)"

But clearly mplayer is NOT installed and I wonder what is wrong with the
package administration.
It happens with many other packages too.

Does anyone know about this problem and how to solve it?

Greetings,

Ed Vaessen

Disclaimer
Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.
Dit bericht is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde.
Als u dit bericht per abuis hebt ontvangen, wordt u verzocht het te
vernietigen en de afzender te informeren.
Wij adviseren u om bij twijfel over de juistheid of de volledigheid van
de mail contact met afzender op te nemen.