s. Wizard wrote:

Going to answer my own question on this one...no guts no glory, right?

Changed the 0x81 to 0x80 and rebooted, life was good again.

s.W

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 01:32, s. Wizard wrote:

Hi all,
I have a dual-boot box which, after some messing with, I fear I've
broken. I'm successfully booting right now, but that means manual
interference, otherwise, I get a quick boot-up welcome of 99 99 99 99 99
99 99 99 99 printed across my screen and a locked workstation. Anyway,
what I'm trying to do is be my workstation to stop trying to boot from
hde and start from hdf, which is the first drive in my BIOS boot-up. I've googled around a bit, and haven't found anything that'll help me,
particularly with this line.
<snip>
disk=/dev/hdf bios=0x81
</snip>
...I understand the disk=/dev/hdf but what is the bios=0x81? What do I
change that to so I don't have to manually stop my system's boot-up,
pick which disk I want to boot from, and then let it go from there?

Thanks in advance, I don't know what you'll need to answer my
question...so I hope I can provide what you request....

Thanks,

s.Wizard

----

Where does this

disk=/dev/hdf bios=0x80

go ?

can anyone explain the changed and change result?

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]