On Saturday 18 Jan 2003 12:54 pm, Ibly Piblo wrote:
> Something very bizarre has happened
> when I installed a new machine.
>
> I run an Athlon XP2100 1.67Ghz
> machine with 256MB ddr ram using
> the ac97 via8233 audio chip.
>
> I got the audio to work by goofing
> around with an alias in the conf, had to
> amke it "82xx" for some reason.
>
> Xmms does not go on to the next sone, k
> it just stops and waits for you to make
> it go to the next some.
>
> I HATE this!
>
> I wish for xmms to just play the next song.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this MALFUNCTION?

I met it just once, but I can't remember what did it, except that I was using
it in a way different to my usual habit.  How are you launcing xmms?  I use a
desktop icon, with execute set to XMMS-CD and everything works fine (it did
in 8.2 and it does in 9.0).  HTH

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302