On 18 Jan 2003 16:42:23 +1100
Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ...or you can link the script to the rc.local - so after the rc.local
> fires up, it'll fire up the rc.firewall as well (I tend to put
> everything I want started in my rc.local as it's all in one place,
> easily found, and easily troubleshooted...)

I tired adding /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall into rc.local...the logs indicate
it started to load rc.firewall, but it konked out part way thru and
sharing the internet for the rest of the house quit working.  Took that
entry out of rc.local, rebooted (slap my hands) and then ran
/etc/rc.d/rc.firewall from a terminal and all is good again.

Stephen, are you refering to linking the two files by
ls -s /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall /etc.rc.d/rc.local (may be way off here!)
or something like this?

Thanks
Steve

--