On Tuesday 21 Jan 2003 9:50 pm, Peter Watson wrote:
> I've been following the xine thread and its led me to a new problem.
>
> My $PATH contains both /usr//bin and /usr/bin. This seems to stop
> xine-check from finding my xine plugin directory, if I reset the path
> without /usr//bin, xine-check runs without error.
>
> I found a thread about this on alt.os.mandrake, but it was way above my
> head. Can anyone here suggest why I have this apparently incorrect entry
> in my $PATH variable.
>
>  I've run "grep PATH *" everwhere I think the PATH might have been set but
> have not found anything that looks as if its setting /usr//bin.

I wonder if it's xine itself that's doing it.  I had the same in my xine-check
report.  When I finally discovered that the missing file was the
libdvdcss2-1.2.4-1plf I installed it and the problem simply went away.
xine-check did not find it after that, and now everything is working fine.

HTH

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302