On Wednesday 22 Jan 2003 6:56 pm, Derek Jennings wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 Jan 2003 6:41 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Wednesday 22 Jan 2003 6:22 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > I've just installed kvirc, but can't find the executable (I want to
> > > make a menu entry) unless the entries in my 8.2 installation are
> > > relevant. Can anyone give me a pointer?
> >
> > The menu entry has meanwhile appeared :)  I'd still like to know, though,
> > whether those files in the old partitions are the ones in use.  I want to
> > get rid of the 8.2, but am increasingly worried that rpms seem to put
> > things in there.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Only if you have mounted those old partitions as /usr (Which would be
> crazy) Just look at your fstab file to see what is mounted where. If you do
> not want to use those old partitions then do not mount them.

They are mounted as mdk8_2 and oldhome, which seemed a good idea until I made
sure that there was nothing I needed to copy.  I guess it would be sensible
now to get rid of the mount.  It certainly added to the problem when moz
plugins found there way there - or perhaps it was seeing old plugins, who
knows?

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302