Hello,

I'm trying to compile the rlterm program working with the GNU readline libraries. As a real newbie in compiling issue, I don't understand the the problem which is happening. I have got the GNU readline 4.3 package installed on my computer. Rlterm requires libreadline.a which doesn't seem to exist for Mandrake. Is it however necessary to have this particular file or is possible to replace the libreadline.a library with one of the GNU readline package ? If anyone has an idea, I would greatly appreciate.

I join the Makefile program.

thanks a lot,

Fred

# replace this with the directory containing libreadline.a
# or blank if libreadline.a is visible to your compiler
LIBDIR = -L/home/munro/readline-2.0

# The following switches may be necessary in order for rlterm.c to
# find termio and signal headers on your system:
# -DUSE_TERMIOS to use termios.h (otherwise termio.h)
# -DUSE_SYS_TERMIO to use <sys/termio.h> or <sys/termios.h>
# -DPOSIX_TERMIO to use tc.etattr instead of ioctl (implies USE_TERMIOS)
# -DNO_SIGACTION if no sigaction or it doesn't take SA_NOCLDSTOP flag
RLDEFS =

LIBS = -lreadline -ltermcap
ALLFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) $(DEFS) $(RLDEFS)

rlterm: rlterm.c
$(CC) $(ALLFLAGS) rlterm.c ${LIBDIR} ${LIBS} -o rlterm

clean::
rm -f rlterm *~