On Thursday 23 Jan 2003 2:18 pm, Lanman wrote:
> Anne; Bad Hair Day?

Yes indeed - it started with a church computer that had been accessed for
'inappropriate use'.  They needed a bios password.  Simple, I thought.  Wrong
again.  First I had to find a 'security' item that needed its level changing.
Not only had I not come across this before, but neither had the vendor.  But
then, I don't suppose that many people use bios passwords.

Or is there a specific web-site that has garnered this
> reaction?

Yeah - Asus.  I need a flash bios upgrade.  The manual tells how to get one.
No doubt it was right when the manual was written in August 2000, but i
certainly isn't now.  The supplied link is to a German language page - my
German is minimal.  OK, try the American one.  No go.  It could be there, but
after half an hour (didn't time it, but it must have been) I still hadn't
found it.  Tried the Europe support email address - doesn't exist any more
(this from the manual, again), so now I'm trying to email the US support.  It
went 5 minutes ago, and hasn't bounced back yet.  Fingers crossed.

> Glad I don't do web-sites!
>
> Anonymous!
LOL - days like this need a little humour

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302