Yes.  I have not personall done it.  But i am also in the process of
learning how to backup all my DVD's on Linux.  There are many programs that
are legal for windows boxes b/c they are closed source.  I have actually
DLed all the needed libraries from http://rpm.pbone.net and installed them.
I have ripped a DVD with DVD::Rip but for the rest of the program and other
ways of ripping it is all confusing from that point on.  I have read like 5
different tutorials and nothing goes into detail on anything.

Good luck

Rob