Hi;

I've been fighting with beta2 for so long I think I may have gone into
terminal brainf@rt mode. I finally have it recognizing the cdrom, the cdrw
and the floppy at boot (no mount point errors) but I can't for the life of me
remember how to leave supermount enabled and still have a user accessible
removable media drive. All three drives in fact.

I have managed to mount the cdrom manually with the install disks inserted;
which is weird since supermount is supposed to be on. Some of my backup data
files are hangovers on CD-R from when I still dual booted Windows and I can't
make the drive read them. Images saved from the past, a few directories of
MP3s, etc.

That may be a beta problem but I won't know unless I can get consistent drive
performance otherwise. I'll need a peak at someone's fstab (working
supermount) to stimulate the gray matter in order to complete the job. If
it's a beta bug I'll be able to find what so I can make a bug report.

Can anybody throw an old dog a bone? Thanks.

Regards;
--
Charlie
Edmonton,AB,Canada