Hi,

It happened several times now. The computer suddenly ceases to respond.
I can not type anything (even the caps-lock and num-lock don't change
the led status), whatever was happening on the screen freezes. The mouse
pointer still moves when I move the mouse, but does not respond to any
button clicks.
It seems that other part do continue to work. I sometimes see the hard
disk working.
It happened both with fluxbox and with gnome (I didn't try too much with
other window managers). I couldn't find any trace of what happens in the
syslog.
I don't think it is a hardware problem, since I also have windows
installed, and it never happened there. Also, it never happened with
Mandrake 8.2 (I now have 9.0)
Any ideas? I don't know even where to start looking.

Thanks,
Moshe