On 28 Jan 2003 14:39:22 +0000
David Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think Gentoo is based on the ports system , isn't it? The trouble is
that it takes about three days, even on a fast machine, to get a
reasonable desktop system up and running! Pretty awesome, though!

If I remember correctly it is a similiar system, but I can be wrong there, I have
never looked at Gentoo even though I would like to give it a crack sometime. Yeah, the
time situation can be a problem, but when I get my new computer at home, I am gonna
give FreeBSD ago.

/Anders