Yes I think I might just kill myself!

The system is
HP OmniBook 2000 CT laptop
Pentium 133 MMX
32meg ram
2.0 gig hdd

The dist. is
Macmillan- Mandrake 6.0

The problem arises during install, after the packages have been copied from
the CD, Mouseconfig 3.9 attempts to probe the system for a mouse, the excact
message displayed is  "probing result"  "probing found some type of PS/2
mouse on port psaux"

    It is here that the system freezes. I have spent many hours search
through manuals to try and find a way to work around this.
My mouse cannot be disabled as it is inbuilt into the laptop.
There seems to be an "expert install" that allows for the "system probe" to
be avoided, but for the life of me I cannot find a way of doing this.

    So all in all I have had quite a frustrating day, and would really
appreciate any help that you could offer.

Day two is turning out to be just as frustrating as day one.

I am a patient person, but today my patience is finished. I cannot stand the
thought of attempting another install of Linux. I have viewed these HOWTOs
maybe three or four times now, I have viewed nearly every peice of
documentation on the entire web... It is difficult for me, as I have no
Linux experience as yet, but really I would like to learn.
    Please note also, on the freeze that even the virtual consoles lock,
there seems to be nothing I can do.  Surely there is a way to avoid the
automatic detection of my mouse????

As it is a laptop, I have tried to connect an external mouse, in the hope of
this being detected rather than the in-built mouse.
I am about to connect an external keyboard and (why am i bothering?) attempt
another install... in the vain hope of the usuall keyboard and mouse being
disregarded.-----complete waste of time....
Where do I get my money back? so i can purchase a hammer as a workaround for
this os.