Something has gone wrong on my box overnight.  It was OK when I left it,
but first thing this morning I found that Konq froze when I tried to access
one of my fat32 partitions.  I had to kill Konq.

I then started shutdown, but it hung.  I have tried booting from my rescue
disk, and booting 'linux failsafe', but each time I get

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 01000112
*pde=00000000
Oops:0000
CPU:0
EIP 0010:[<e0857061>] Not tainted
EFLAGS: 00010282
eax: ... lots of entries like this
Process scsi_eh_1 (pid 303, stackpage=dfd15000
Stack ......lots of figure
Call Trace:  lots more
Code: one screen-width of entries, then it freezes

How can I get out of this?  It's humiliating to have to use this old windows
box to ask <g>

Anne