On Wednesday 29 January 2003 05:29 am, Pascal Goguey wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I tried to configure the connection sharing on Mandrake 9.1. beta 2.
> It keeps asking me for installation CD 1. I put the CD, click OK, the
> tray closes, the CD spins, it seems to do something, but still stops
> and asks for CD1. I tried CD2 just in case it was a typo, but nothing
> helps!
>
> Is there any way to circumvent the problem?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pascal
Well, try this

Put in CD1 and reboot

Select Upgrade

add the connection sharing packages  (Networking Computer Server and client)
--that's a little overkill but should do what you need.

Or figure out which packages you need to load and select just those in
individual package selection.

Offhand I would suspect a packaging error on the beta or a media-vs-drive
problem with one of the packages...  If you get an error report during
upgrade, then it iss the latter and you have a bad burn in terms of
compatibility with your system.

Civileme