On Wednesday 29 Jan 2003 12:55 pm, Frans Ketelaars wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:02:08 -0500
>
> "Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Sunday 26 January 2003 12:24 pm, Jerry Barton wrote:
> > > OK here's the sample command i use for my system  (your dev entry may
> > > be different, video/audio formats can be changed, etc)
> > >

> > >  streamer -o capture.avi -f mjpeg -O capture.wav -F mono8 -C
> > > /dev/sound/dsp -t 5:00 -c /dev/v4l/video0 -r 29.97
> > >
> > > this will capture 5 minutes from the last channel xawtv was tuned to
> > >
> > > HTH
> > > Jerry.

Well done Jerry, I typed in exactly what you stated and it started to capture
the TV program to the harddrive. Playback was a bit weird coloured in places,
but that is an MPlayer problem here, as I tested video on the windblows
laptop and it was fine to view/listen to.
Anyone want to tell how to get around the "limitation" of only being able to
recording the station xawtv was last tuned in to?
Still looking to utilise this machine as a "2nd VCR" here as my tv is
determined to broadcast 2 of my fav programs on diff channels at the same
time when I'm at work ;-)
--
magnet

Registered Linux User: 281659
Registered machines: 163839,163840,163841,163842,163843,163844
6xAthlon 1.2GHz all running some flavour of Mandrake.

"My home is over-run with penguins that like a warm environment!"