Just had a bit of a foray into cd based distros - tried out knoppix, virtuallinux, and
BBC ( bootable business card ).  All very cool.
BBC is a great recovery tool which still manages to pack quite a punch for 40 MB.
I was impressed with knoppix and i'm in no way putting it down but I really liked
Virtual Linux 1.1
http://www.virtual-linux.org/nuke/index.php
since it's very FAMILIAR looking!  (based on mandrake 8.1)
Anyone else tried this one out?  I chanced across it on distrowatch's new cd-based
distribution section and now I can take Mandrake with me wherever I go!
It set up all my hardware (by running setuptool) though not all automatically (the x
setup for example didn't work off the bat-had to change monitor/card).
It detected my tv card (xawtv is included), comes with koffice, gnumeric, abiword and
other office tools, the GIMP and other graphics tools, lots of multimedia tools, web
and network programs, and much more.  Great way to show off GNU/Linux, and Mandrake in
particular for those of us showing others alternatives.

I'm gonna use it to help my best friend convince her fiance to go with Mandrake and
not windows (or at least try it first) when they get their computer.  She's learned a
lot over at my place while her fiance's off in Kuwait and doesn't want windows
"corrupting the new machine" (her words).

Jerry

--
 _||_
  (o_