On Friday 31 January 2003 10:45 am, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> Is there a good "howto" on getting this to work? I can plug it in
> to my USB port and it shows up, recognized and everything in USB
> View. Do I have to load some modules 'n stuff? Also, what games
> support Linux joysticks?
>
> Thanks  much!

The only info that's even half way current is the one in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/input/joystick.txt

for usb I needed:  usb-uhci, input, joydev, and adi
for gp I needed:  input, joydev, emu10k1-gp and adi

adi is the kernel module for that joystick.  emu10k1-gp is for the
soundblasterlive critters.  Never needed to calibrate or set up
anything else - just load the modules.

The game I bought mine for mainly was Descent3 (and Tribes2).  :D

hth,
-s