On 01 Feb 2003 10:54:23 +0100, Bela Markus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a tool to manipulate SQL databases, generate reports,
> etc. like MS ACCESS. ACCESS compatibility (.mdb files) is not needed,
> just a fast, user friendly GUI.
>
> Regards... Bela

StarOffice comes with a good (albeit closed source) database. OpenOffice.org
(with is 99% of StarOffice) includes a database GUI, but no backend. The
following link shows how to link OpenOffice.org with MySQL. The end result is
far more powerful than MS Access.

http://www.pclinuxonline.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2460

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan
  [Yama | http://www.pclinuxonline.com/]

"As history shows a lot of ActiveX components are buggy and new version is
released. The interesting part is the buggy version is still really signed and
available in one form or another."
  -- Georgi Guninski, security expert, http://www.guninski.com, 2002-02-14