On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 16:46:31 +0000
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Saturday 01 Feb 2003 3:50 pm, Todd Slater wrote:
> > From man chown:
<x>

> Thanks Todd.  I have to confess I much prefer paper manuals, so I tend
> to check books before reading man pages.  And really, this above is a
> prime example of why newbies often don't read them.  The info is all
> there, but when you read it you feel punch-drunk <g>
>
> Anne

Believe me, I understand. I think it takes a little practice to be able to
quickly find what you're looking for and understand it in the man pages.
But often for me, it's more convenient than trying to look it up in a
book.

I once asked for recommendations on books for learning shell programming;
one person said "man bash is all you need". For a newbie like me, what bad
advice! Have you ever read man bash? Now that I know a little bit, I can

Todd

--
Todd Slater