-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of FemmeFatale
Sent: Sunday, 2 February 2003 12:13 PM
To: newbie
Subject: [newbie] more Evolution weirdness

Forget the sig problem with Evo.  Thats just a fancy thing I want to use. :)

K stock install of Evolution, no patches (that i know of) were applied to
it.  The other day I was fiddling with it for over 2 hours.  Mostly setting
it up the way I wished.  At one point I was playing with the smtp/pop
options for "Security on email checking" (or something similarly worded)
tab in the "Tools/Mail Preferences" section.

What I was doing was seeing if my ISP used any sort of security checks
other than a password to retrieve/send email when contacting their Mail
server.  (God I hope thats worded right... stupid demerol.)

Anyway, long story short here, I had an open "test" email.  It was to be
sent to myself on one of my isp's accts.  Nothing strange about
that.  However, when I fiddled with ANY settings to do with security or if
I changed HOW I wanted/tried to get the security to work, the email just
wouldn't send.  Period.  This occurred more than once.

So for example, if on that tab I had checked on "Password needed" as an
option and then added Say... "Mail uses SSL" while the email was still
open, it won't send.  If I revert it to the setting I *know* works properly
(namely only having my password checked, nothing else) with that email
Still open it still will NOT send!

For fun I even tried just re-entering everything on that tab that I knew
worked (I tried the same settings with a diff mail program first to verify
they worked), if the email was left open, it won't send.  I have to close
that draft/test email (I didn't shutdown Evo just to be clear), then open a
new email/draft for it to work.

Now is that normal for Evo?  Or is this a weird bug I just found?  Someone
test this you'll see what I mean.  I initially told Charlie about this, he
said it was odd too & may play with Evo to see what the hells going on.

Thoughts?

FemmeFatale

Good Decisions You boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert