On Sunday 02 Feb 2003 12:52 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> Hello list.
>
> A few days ago I installed k3b in order to get a usable
> frontend to cdrecord. Couldn't use that one either. Seems
> I'm too stupid to figure those GUI's out. I'm now falling
> back to the ye good ole' CLI.
>
> I had to uninstall k3b. However k3b left my /etc/fstab file
> in a complete mess. Had to edit it by hand to get rid of
> the extra entries that k3b added. Works now.
>
> Two oddities remain :
>
> 1. cdrecord -scanbus gets my SCSI-devices wrong :
>    my CD-reader (formerly 0,0,0) is now 0,2,0
>    my CD-writer  (formerly 0,1,0) is now 0,3,0
>
> 2. When running userdrake, it says : *Cannot lock user lib,
> file /etc/ptmp or /etc/gtpm exists*
>
> Suggestions anyone ?
>
> TIA
> Kaj Haulrich.

The K3b installer did not have supermount in mind when it was written. So it
does tend to screw up your fstab if you let it. I was careful to not let k3b
write to fstab and did it by hand myself.
Once you can get the devices recognised OK k3b works really well

Your issue with userdrake is a bug. It did not delete those lock files after
the previous userdrake session.
Just delete those files if they exist, and all will be well.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net