On Monday 03 February 2003 11:33 am, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> On Monday 03 February 2003 08:57 am, et wrote:
> > I don't use a "webcam" but if you have a winTV card, you can use it and a
> > regular video camera, has by far the best color and picture of any
> > webcam, and uses stuff you might already have.
>
> I do have a WinTV card, but I think if I told my wife that I was going to
> use the camcorder for the computer she'd shoot me. :-)
>
> She's...umm....not quite so enthusiastic about computers as I am.  :-)
>
> Thanks anyways!
really, your cam doing a lot of other stuff? it does not require the tape, nor
does it require a lot of setup, depending on what sort of connections it has,
if you "down load the tape into your vhs player", you could just download it
to the HD first, then add whever neat effects you want, then upload it to
vhs.
On a related kinda note, I got a "xanboo" security cam, sure looks like a
win-cam,  it has a box that up to 4 cams can connect, and _looks_ like a
"composite s video" (kinda like a ps2) connector to the cams, with a USB
connection to the box, and I was wonder if anyone has any info on trying to
get this to work somewhat under linux. I don't want to subscribe to the
service to get it over the internet, I just want to see who is in the
driveway without getting off my a$$.