On Sun 2003-02-02 at 21:03:25 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Heh, thx Benjamin.  On the bright side we've got a router up &
> running.

Well, a router doesn't protect against downloaded, trojaned
applications.

> I'll work on him & hopefully get him to see the error of his
> way.  Tho that is hard to do cause I run as Admin on 2k.  Mostly b/c 2k
> doesn't handle multi-users very well IMO.  *sigh*

Yeah, "easy" and "secure" are mostly orthogonal. You can only make a
box as safe as it still allows you to still get some work done.

So, if the main reason for your (I mean you as well as him) Admin
usage is that Microsoft has made it too hard to use without, then,
well, that's not the case with Linux and therefore no argument
anymore.

> Fwiw, when he first came to live here, I told him I'm going to do my utmost
> to secure our LAN.  And that I wouldn't allow him to compromise it if at
> all possible.  With luck I can use that argument again & with yours in
> there too, it may sway him. :)

Yeah! Go, go, go! :-)

Bye,

        Benjamin.