Robert Wideman wrote:

I am still learning and i would say that i am a verteran.  Everyone on the
list, even developers are still learning linux on a daily basis, just on
different levels.

So true. The daunting thing about Linux is that there is always so much to learn. The encouraging thing is that when you do learn something, you learn something useful (as an example, my two weeks of hell installing RedHat 5.2 taught me a hell of a lot about configuring X).

I spent years trying to fix problems with Win95 (I've always been the office alpha-geek), and on the occasions when I did solve it, I came out no wiser than when I came in, or as Omar Khayyam puts it:

"When I was young, did eagerly frequent
Doctor and Saint, and heard great argument
About it and about, but evermore
Came out by that same door as in I went."

I sweated blood to edit the Windows registry, and what did I learn? How to fix one particular problem, in the unlikely event that I could remember the barabarous names of evocation I had intoned.

Sir Robin

--
" Like these cutters, and hackers, who will take the wall of men, and picke quarrells."
- G. Pettie

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi