run "man Xconfigurator" (minux quotes). This is a utility that will let
you set up your res, color depth and sync rates.
If this doesn't work try xf86config which is a little less user friendly
but also more powerful.
Good luck.

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Chris Price wrote:

> I just installed mandrake 6.0. Install went great, but when I rebooted,
> My desktop area was larger then my screen. There was no way to navigate
> the windows to even shut down.
> How do I change the screen settings? Do I need to change something in
> the install or is there somewhere to change this?
> I am a major newbie with about an hour of experience on Linux.
> Thanks for the patience,
> Chris

David van Balen                         mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Box 5054                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Clinton, MS 39058                       http://www.mc.edu/~vanbalen