I have no idea what went wrong or why it happened, but I was reading through
my emails and on some when read the header disappeared and the message
appeared blank.
Strange but didn't give it much thought at the time so I closed kmail down.
When I tried to restart it a little later it just wouldn't from either the
toolbar icon, the Kmenu or from a console.
I went into my /home/ directory and renamed the directory to "saved-Mail" and
powered down the computer completely.
Rebooted and started up kmail ok, it detected the missing Mail directory and
created a new one. I copied the contents across from my saved copy but then
it stopped working again.
I can't seem to find a solution to reinstate my old emails into kmail again.
Anyone got any suggestions please?
--
magnet

Registered Linux User: 281659
Registered machines: 163839,163840,163841,163842,163843,163844
6xAthlon 1.2GHz all running some flavour of Mandrake.

"My home is over-run with penguins that like a warm environment!"