et wrote:

On Friday 07 February 2003 04:41 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:

et wrote:

I have just started to try/use "d4x", mainly cause I heard it resumes
downloads. I just had 27% of a iso downloaded, when I had to restart (had
to get some info out of a winfax fax view file, so I "had" to reboot into
win). anyway, when I restarted d4x, it had saved the info about the ISO
file it was downloading, but it restarted from 0%, and what I want to
know is how do I make sure it resumes and not restarts. I know it must be
right in front of me, but I sure am blind to it.

If you are liable to cutoffs be sure to type nt -r in a terminal or else it
will not reconnect to the website.kppp takes care of reconnecting toyour
isp .

Did you "save" the url etc in home directory , sometimes dx4 looses your
download and you have to have what your downloading saved to make it
easy to re-establish again.

I don't know why you lost your downloaded file, maybe it didn't find
the destination directory where you had your partially downloaded iso
and another file of similar name called segments. It is best to
periodically back them up before exiting d4x. That way if disaster strikes
you don't have
to start again.

One word of warning be around at the end, cause if you are not it does not
exit the completed download well, the reconnect CL goes on trying to
re-establish
a new connection to your download website and then finds the download
completed and after so many attempts resolves the issue by wiping out
the entire file.No joke
when you have just spent 4 days downloading an iso file.

John

heck I could (and did) do all that with gftp, and other than throttleing the download speed, I guess I give it a go, but I don't like the end problem, I like the way Gftp handled that part. maybe I will stick with Gftp

et,
Don't let me put you off.
I'm being cautious for you.
I use d4x all the time so I can say with confidence it does most things fine.
It just needs a little more work on it to bring it right up to scratch.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]