On Friday 07 February 2003 11:34 am, Angus Auld wrote:
> [...]

Based on extnesive research that I did in various beer halls and pubs in
southern Ontario a long, long time ago, it was unwise for non-Canadians to
use the term in the presence of authentic Canadians. Things could get nasty
in a hurry. (How long ago? Well, drafts were a dime, and bottled beer was 25
cents.)
-- cmg