On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:22:59 +0100
Francisco Alcaraz Ariza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mldonkey runs fine and uses the eDonkey servers. You can download it from
> Penguin Liberation Front. Remember, if you have a firewall enabled you must
> open the tcp ports from 4660 to 4666
>
> God luch!

And also remember that you will be hated by hub owners of other networks like
Direct Connect, who will probably ban your IP the second you try connect
(scripted), as MLdonkey is a very unpopular client due to it's greedyness. I
haven't actually tried it myself, but from what I know it's kind-of like a
web-crawler logging into several different networks and so on, finding your
files, and it's simply due to this data-traffic generated by just one client
that it's become the "Nazi of file-sharing programs". I'm not trying to start
yet another long chain of bunny-bashing yes-no-maybe e-mails, just informing you
;-) If you first use Mldonkey, and then switch to, let's say DCGui (Direct
Connect Client), chances are you won't get into any of the popular servers due
to your IP ban. Your IP is normally published directly into the main chat to
make matters more interesting, telling everyone that you are using Mldonkey,
leaving you to a peril of the kiddie-hackers.

I haven't experienced this myself, so I'm not talking from experience, but I do
have a lot of contact of Direct Connect hub-owners, who all use these kind of
scripts. I would too, if only I could get my bloody script to work ;-)

Greetings
Ralph
--
http://tuxpower.f2g.net/
http://axljab.homelinux.org:8080/

"Linux is not The Answer. Yes is the answer. Linux is The Question"