On Sunday 09 February 2003 12:48 pm, Rob Blomquist wrote:
> On Sunday 09 February 2003 12:20 am, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> > I upgraded to kde3.1 and have found one minor, but annoying glitch.
> >  In kmail, the folder list is visible, but the folder names are
> > not.  The number of unread messages in each folder is legibe (in
> > bold black text, or a "-" if there are no unread messages, both on
> > a white background.  The folder names might as well be white text
> > on a white background.  The list of messages is normal as are the
> > message bodies, just the folder list is affected.
> >
> > I haven't found any other kde3.1 text that is white on white (or
> > black on black for that matter).  Does anyone know what the problem
> > is or how to fix? TIA
>
> I have not had that problem at all. My Kmail upgrade left me with
> screwed up folders, and a new (an in my mind useless) window. You can
> fix the fonts in Settings/configure/appearance/fonts/use custom
> fonts/folder list.
>
> I assume that you may have a system setting for white text that is
> being imported and used by kmail, so I would turn on custom text and
> change the features on Folder List.
>
> The useless window can be shut off at
> settings/configure/appearance/layout, and check "show mime tree"
> "never".
>
> The extra folder column on "total" can be shut off by right clicking
> on the folder header, and unselecting "total column".
>
> Rob
Have you made sure that the name column is wide enough? I had to stretch mine
out a bit to see the folder names, they were offset to the right more than in
the old Kmail. So I clicked and held the left click button down with the
mouse arrow on the divider and stretched  it to the right and the folder
names came out from hiding. HTH
--
Dennis M.  linux user # 180842