On 09 Feb 2003 23:46:03 -0700
FemmeFatale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Maybe changing my hair colour to purple's made me the equivalent of a
> blonde but...
>
> I've been messing with Kwikdisk for the better part of 2 hours now.  In
> short, I can't seem to u/mount any of my CDRom drives.  It insists that
> (for example) my burner is /dev/scd0.  This is not the case though.  My
> other cdrom is listed as a HDD device!?
>
> I know the answer is staring me in the face here... so what to do? I
> tried to disable supermount too.. made no difference.
>
> Erm... Help?
>
> Femme

I've never used Kwikdisk before but I know the oddness of seeing your cd burner as an
scsi cd drive and seeing your cd-rom as a HD.  On my system (originally mdk 8.2 and
now 9.0), my burner is id'd as scd0 because of the scsi emulation (i think) (ide=scsi
append in lilo.conf) and my cd rom's dev entry (when i had 2 in here) was /dev/hde.
/dev/cdrom was a link to /dev/hde under 8.2  I took out the extra cd drive when i
installed 9.0 because i had such weirdness having 2 installed with 8.2 (things like
rpmdrake asking over and over for me to insert cd 2 into /dev/scd0 even though it was
already in there).  My current /dev entry for the cd burner is /dev/scd0 and there's
an entry in dev for cdrom0 which is

lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           34 Dec 31  1969 cdrom0 ->
../scsi/host0/bus0/target2/lun0/cd
(same entry is listed for scd0)
lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           31 Feb  9 22:05 scd0 ->
scsi/host0/bus0/target2/lun0/cd

might want to check that on yours ;)

HTH
Jerry.