On Tuesday 11 February 2003 09:48 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'll start by stating that I'm a newly converted
> Windows user.  I know..  flame me if you must.

no flames for that here,,, you are in the correct place.

> Anyway, I am trying to get SAMBA running and I need a
> little help.  Where do I start?  Real basic stuff -
> remember, I lived in the Windows world until about
> a week ago...
first place is to make sure your hardware and network is up and running?
http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/hardware/hmlf_dell.html
http://www.zdnet.com.au/newstech/os/story/0,2000024997,20271094,00.htm
http://samba.linuxbe.org/
might be some links to ge tthe reading started...