On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:33:55 -0700
Jerry Barton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello again all :)
>
> Had a bit of a problem pop up.  I just installed xarchon (a game) and went to try it
>out.  The program LOADED ok, but when I'd go to start a new game it would just close.
> So, to see if I could gain any insight, I started it from a terminal instead of from
>the menu and it gave me the error:
>
> cannot load font `-misc-fixed-medium-*-normal-*-15-0-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1'
>
> SO...... I opened up mcc and went to system/fonts to check it out.  I have the fixed
>(misc) font and all but it only has 7,8,9,10,12,13,14,&20 pt settings, not 15.
>
> (and thinking back there was another program quite a while back that couldn't find
>this font.  I remember i found an alternative to it and i've forgotten which it was.)
>
> SO.... the question is, anyone know a 1) workaround or 2) a package where i can get
>the font/setting it needs?
>
> TIA
>
> Jerry
>
> --
> Registered linux user #300600
> Registered linux machine #185855

OK nevermind... instead of using the rpm I d/l'ed the source, edited board.c and
changed the font to -misc-fixed-medium-*-normal-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 ... also had
to edit field.c and chage the font there since it was looking for a 40 pt font (which
isn't on here either)

don't think there's a way to fix it from an rpm is there.

Jerry.

Registered Linux user # 300600
Registered Linux machine # 185855
at http://counter.li.org