On Wednesday 12 February 2003 05:16 am, cowinacape wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
>   Just a quick question, as I sit here waiting for mailman to deliver our
> (the girl friends and mine) mandrake disks. Can we expect Mandrake to
> behave the same on her PC as it does on my Mac, ie: does the OS operate
> differently on different machine platforms? Or is Mandrake simply mandrake
> regardless of where it calls home?
>
> Thanks Kindly
> Dan
hmmm,,, I think the answer to both questions is yes.
yes it will look a lot the same and behave the same and you will both have
home folders and have to be root to install programs and will have to deal
with MSEC.
And, yes, in fact no two install on the same machine come out exactly the same
way since there are SO damn many choices to make and customize, so it matters
less weither you are using a g4 mac or a p4 intel, than it does if you do
expert or recomended install. HTH

et