Sendak, John wrote:

Hi

I have just installed KDE 3.1 from the Mandrake Club site.

I now have the following problems :-
* On boot-up I get the message "KDEInit could not launch 'kfmclient'"
* As user, I cannot open a floppy disk - Konquerer tries to launch but
fails. After repeating the procedure a couple of times the toolbar freezes,
although the desktop is still available. However, as root, I can open the floppy.

What has happened and how can I fix it.

Regards

John

Well if it's any help to you the M9.1beta3 which also has kde3.1 as it's standard
install also produces the same result. I have managed to get the dvd and writer to
work under scsi-em and automount, but not with supermount that is not unusual
with my equipement. However much they work a dvd and writer I too get this
irksome error message, so I do not know if it's an issue that has to be resolved
by the owner or is in fact a bug in kde3.1

I'm not much help to you, but at least your not alone.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]