Just called my dialup ISP and asked how to route all connections to their
news server thriough my modem.  I want to use my cable connection for all
other addresses.  Told them I was using Mandrake 9.
        Their tech support said the only practical way was to physically disconnect
the cable modem when using the modem connection, since my computer would not
handle both when accessing the news server.  I repeated it back, stressing
"physically disconnect the network cable?".  Yep.  I could not use the two
connections simultaneously
        I thought there was a routing table I could edit to say "go here via
/dev/eth0"  and "go there via /dev/modem"?
        Help?  TIA!!

        Background -- my longtime dialup ISP has a newsserver accessible only if
connected through one of their IP addresses, and inaccessible if connecting
with a "foreign" IP address.  IOW, I could use my cable connection, telnet to
APK.net, login and read through the shell connection since the news server
would see an internal IP, but cannot DL the posts into Pan since it sees the
connection from Zoominternet.  I prefer an offline reader.