On 26 Sep 1999, Tymanthius Rune Speak wrote:

> Ok, but I don't understand why I can't just grab the rpms, and then upgrade
> what I have installed, using kpackage or rpm.

> INIT: version 2.76 booting
> sh: error in loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.4.0: cannot open shared
> object file: no such file or directory

Looks like what you were doing here is upgrading the readline library
without upgrading the programs using it - therefore, they still depend on
the old library, which you removed.

The only curious thing is that libreadline.so.4.0 is still current...
Did you try to "update" to an older version or something?

LLaP
bero

--
Tired of waiting for Windows 2000?