Hi again,

It seems to be a kernel issue, I just installed the old 8.2. Kernels (2.4.18
doesn't work with the modules for 2.4.19) but 2.4.19 from Mdk 8.2. works just
fine.

I copied the old Kernel sources for 2.4.19 to /usr/src/ together with the old
initrd and vmlinuz (which go into /boot/) setup the new Kernel boot with the
MCC boot-config tool.

Booted into it. And...
Now the Compact Flash Card works just fine.

The vmware compilation to custom build the modules for this kernel also worked
with the copied old sources.

So I guess I just use the old 8.2. Kernel for work. Everything seems to work.

old-Kernel (with working CF card):
# uname -a
Linux me 2.4.19-16mdk #1 Fri Sep 20 18:15:05 CEST 2002 i686 unknown unknown
GNU/Linux

I don't really know how to proceed from here. Do I need to inform somebody
that 2.4.19 kernels from Mandrake in Mdk 9.0 have a bug? Do they really? (The
working 2.4.19 Kernel from Mdk 8.2 and the not-working 9.0 Kernels indicate
this)...

Has anybody had the same problem with CF cards?

I hope somebody reads this and informs either me that I did something wrong or
informs the people at Mandrake that there is a CF card issue with the new
Kernels.

b.